Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rainy, dreary, beautiful day

    It rained all day. It's still raining now and probably will most of the of the night, on and off. This was the most beautiful rain I could ever ask for. There's a certain quality about the weather that heightened every possible sense. The soft drab gray sky and mist only accentuated the green trees and red bricks. Dead leaves and worms also start to release their odors on these sorts of days; all smells seem to mix in with the water and spread everywhere. Sounds become more vivid too; the clouds form an acoustic ceiling reflecting and concentrating the sounds of traffic, airplanes, and of course thunder. Last, but far from least, the feeling of raindrops, today only tiny beads of mist, tickle and chill my skin. This sort of day is the peak of prolonged physical pleasure. I'm not exactly poetic about it, but this was really the most beautiful day I've seen since I've moved here. There's nothing else I have to say for today. Just that it was beautiful.