Monday, September 27, 2010

Today was too long

    Social events, I have decided, are not my thing.
    I skipped my 5'o'clock class to go to an Anthropology department potluck. I hadn't skipped that class so far and I was hungry for something that wasn't variations on rice. Unfortunately for me, rice is the staple grain of billions of people in hundreds of cultures, so a proportionate amount of the food served was variations on rice, even if much better than what I can make. One of them even had cinnamon and was sweet, and another was almost a stew with spinach. I scarfed the whole buffet indiscriminately. It all tasted good.
    After that I went to see Toy Story 3 with Alex and Mary. Alex didn't know Mary and I were coming, but he gladly wedged himself between us in the seats. I doubt there was any though into it, and I don't care who sits next to whom since I was going to just watch the show, but I was really offended that he went ahead an butted in like that. Not that he butted into our group, no, we went to him, but when we went to sit down he directly separated me from my original company.
    Back at home, more writing, more slacking, a few conversations.